The goal of the BH-Club is a balanced social economy. This means finding a balance between private and public entities on one hand, and a balance between profit and purpose on the other hand.
WE NEED A DIFFERENT SYSTEM APPROACH
- We come from a production era and a profit oriented economy. This shareholder value system is clearly outdated as it takes no responsibility for the negative impact.
- The occasionally used shared value system, is where business still comes first, but where one tries to justify the negative impact by doing good elsewhere.
- What we really need right now, is the common value system where business in no way hinders – and ideally accelerates – the transition to a prosperous future for all.
it’s about making a shift from well-fare towards well-being
IT’S A NEW BALL GAME
If we choose the Commons economic system, this automatically implies a new set of elements and guidelines to keep up with:
- We are only human: respect, trust and other intangibles drive business value
- Power is in all of us: culture is king, talent rules
- Technology is here to help us: co-create to change and win
- Business is there to share: purpose is more important than profit
- The living society: people and businesses are making an active contribution to our community
- Our eco system is a responsibility: it’s not other people problems, but ours
we must transition from a spectator democracy to a participatory democracy
WE ALL HAVE TO TAKE ACTION
Shifting to another economic system is not easy. It’s a too big challenge to be done by one person or organization alone. If we combine our knowledge and other means, better solutions will be created. The second reason is that all elements in a social economy are connected. So a change can only be achieved by all individuals and all organizations. This is why we need to look beyond our own horizons, and join forces. Because we have a joint urgency.