The goal of the BH-Club is a balanced social economy which is based on human values. Meaning; everyone can enjoy the basic needs for a happy and healthy life now and in the future.
This goal of a balanced social economy can only be reached by having a different view on how our society and economic system works, and taking the appropriate actions to make the change.
The Business Hippie Club approach
- Choose an alternative economic system with a (different) purpose
- Collaborate with the other players in this system and align the efforts
- Steer on the 6 macro economic elements and intertwine these with human goals
1.CHOOSE A ECONOMIC SYSTEM WITH PURPOSE
- We come from a production era and profit oriented economy. This shareholder value system is clearly outdated as it takes no responsibility for the negative impact on our climate and society.
- The occasionally used shared value system, is where business still comes first, but where one tries to justify the negative impact by doing good elsewhere.
- What we really need right now, is the social economic system where business in no way hinders – and ideally accelerates – the transition from profit to purpose goals.
2. COLLABORATE WITH OTHER PLAYERS AND ALIGN THE EFFORTS
The society we live in knows three main stakeholders. Each one has it’s own goals and using it’s typical methodologies. These three stakeholders are not separate eco-systems. Hence, they influence each other constantly. This is why we have to connect with one another to align all transformational efforts in order to make real progress. We need to look beyond our own horizons, and combine our strengths. Because we have a joint urgency.
3. STEER ON THE SIX MACRO ECONOMIC ELEMENTS AND INTERTWINE THESE WITH HUMAN VALUES
The Social Economy uses different principles than the old economic system. Whereas the old economy is based on scarcity and profit, is the new social economy based on abundance and purpose. This new system is mainly led by human values.
The first goal is to create disruptive concepts to improve our present and future problems within each of these 6 elements.
The second goal is to bring balance between these 6 elements. Aligning all efforts and changes between these 6 elements.
- Human – Values
Business Hippie Club philosophy: we are only human: respect, trust and other intangibles drive business value
- Economic – Purpose
Business Hippie Club philosophy: Business is there to share: purpose is more important than profit
- Social – Balance
Business Hippie Club philosophy: Power is in all of us: culture is king, talent rules
- Technologic – Co-Creation
Business Hippie Club philosophy: Technology is here to help us: co-create to change and win
- Ecologic – Responsibility
Business Hippie Club philosophy: Our eco system is a responsibility: it’s not other people problems, but ours
- Political – Transparency
Business Hippie Club philosophy: The living society: people and businesses are making an active contribution to our community
it’s not national wealth, but economic equality which is most related to levels of social welfare